Being one of the oldest and most treasured forms of currency in the world, much has been said about gold. Here are 10 compelling quotes about gold that will help you appreciate the yellow metal and its cultural importance.
1. “Gold is a constant. It’s like the North Star.” –Steve Forbes, Editor-in-Chief of Forbes magazine
2. O Gold! I still prefer thee unto paper, / Which makes bank credit like a bark of vapour.” –Lord Byron, Don Juan
3. “No other commodity enjoys as much universal acceptability and marketability as gold.” –Hans F. Sennholz, German-American economist
4. “Man prates, but gold speaks.” –Giovanni Torriano, Italian writer
5. “Indeed, there can be no other criterion, no other standard than gold. Yes, gold which never changes, which can be shaped into ingots, bars, coins, which has no nationality and which is eternally and universally accepted as the unalterable fiduciary value par excellence.” –Charles de Gaulle, former French President
6. “Gold is forever. It is beautiful, useful, and never wears out. Small wonder that gold has been prized over all else, in all ages, as a store of value that will survive the travails of life and the ravages of time.” –James Blakely, Eureka Mine discoverer
7. “Buy gold and sit on it. That is the key to success.” –Dr. Franz Pick, international currency analyst
8. “The great merit of gold is precisely that it is scarce; that its quantity is limited by nature; that it is costly to discover, to mine, and to process; and that it cannot be created by political fiat or caprice.” –Henry Hazlitt, American business and economics journalist
9. “Gold opens all locks, no lock will hold against the power of gold.” –George Herbert, Welsh-born English poet
10. “Gold is worshipped in all climates, without a single temple, and by all classes, without a single hypocrite.” –Charles Caleb Colton, English cleric, writer, and art collector
If these quotes have inspired you to own gold, call American Bullion today at 1-800-326-9598 or request your Free Gold Guide by submitting the form at the top of this page. There is no obligation. Our precious metal brokers can assist you with purchasing physical gold coins and bars for secure home delivery, or even help you add gold to your retirement account. We will handle all of the details for you. Invest in something real!